Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as drones, are revolutionizing the way buildings are designed and constructed. Stellar leverages this technology on our job sites to make projects more efficient, accurate and cost-effective.
Here are some of the ways we utilize drones:
- Aerial site photos — These images allow our teams (and clients) to visualize a site and document its conditions at a much lower cost than the previous method of capturing photos from an airplane or helicopter.
- Construction progress images — Drones enable us to easily monitor the progress of construction from week to week and month to month, ensuring the project stays on track.
- Volume calculations — By flying a drone over a job site, we can scan and calculate the volumes of dirt mounds, ditches and more.
- Contour maps — We can quickly capture contour grade elevations of a site instead of a civil engineer measuring them manually.
- As-built conditions — If you want to build an addition onto a facility, one drone flight can capture the existing conditions of that building and generate a point cloud in our design software. A process that used to take days, now only takes 20 minutes.
As this technology continues to develop, our goal is to have a drone on every Stellar project.
Want to know more about using drones at your next food plant construction project? Comment below or email me at email@example.com